Holiday Decorating Safety Tips to Prevent a Festive Disaster
Now that it’s December, the general consensus seems to be that it’s officially time for holiday decorations. However, you don’t want to be one of the countless people who end up injured due to careless mistakes this year. Check out these holiday decorating safety tips:
- If you plan to buy a live tree, be sure to buy one that is fresh – not crisp – and do not place it anywhere near a fireplace.
- When it comes to re-using old lights, be careful. Though your old lights may seem like they’re in perfect shape, older wires are more likely to fray.
- Be careful when using ladders to decorate the outside of your home, and never use a ladder without a spotter on the ground.
- Additionally, plug your outdoor lights and decorations into ground-fault circuit interrupters, reducing the risk of electric shock.
- And though some decorations may seem intuitive, always read the directions!
For more safety tips, or to check out one of our many available winter-weather vehicles, visit us anytime at Crossroads Chevrolet.