Healthy After School Snacks
After a long day at school, children need something to reenergize them. However, you don’t want your kids to go directly toward the unhealthy candy and chips. Instead, consider offering them one of these healthy after school snacks.
- PB&J Bites – This snack takes all the goodness and nostalgia of a PB&J sandwich, and puts it into a bite-size form.
- Ants on a Log – This is a classic way to get your picky eaters to get their fill of vegetables. All that you need to add is peanut butter and raisins on a stick of celery.
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Sticks – Another easy way to get kids to obtain protein is through pretzel rods that have been dipped in delicious peanut butter.
- Baked Apple Chips – For those who don’t like or can’t enjoy peanut butter, another great option is baked apple chips, which are a crisp way of getting fruit into your child’s diet.
- Yogurt Sandwiches – For this dish, think of a S’more, but with yogurt substituting the less than healthy option of marshmallow.